Lumeta Announces IPsonar 6.1 with Increased Network Architecture Analytics CapabilitiesJanuary 28, 2015 9:00 am
Lumeta Announces IPsonar 6.1 with Increased Network Architecture Analytics Capabilities
Includes support for Virtual Routing and Forwarding, improved device profiling, as well as Hyper-V deployment option
Somerset, NJ – January 28, 2015 – Lumeta Corporation, the leader in network situational awareness, today announced the release of IPsonar 6.1, which includes support for Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), Common Internet File System (CIFS) protocol for device profiling, and in-app third-party technology partner plugin capability to support integration. To properly manage and secure a network, customers are looking for authoritative intelligence on their network infrastructure and cybersecurity posture. Lumeta IPsonar provides a point-in-time view of every IP connected device on a network, as well as inbound and outbound leak paths.
“IPsonar 6.1 enhances Lumeta’s network architecture analytics capabilities, giving customers a true view of what their network really looks like – what devices are attached to the network, and how,” said Joe Sorial, director of product management at Lumeta. “We continue to improve IPsonar to provide customers with the advanced intelligence they need to verify network segmentation and understand their network architecture relative to the organization’s policy.”
A few of the key new features and improvements in IPsonar 6.1 are:
- Updated UI – The IPsonar user interface underwent a major redesign to improve ease of use, and to give it a fresh, modern look. Additions include tools to improve List Management and improved In-app Help.
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) Support – VRF allows multiple instances of a routing table to co-exist within the same router at the same time. IPsonar now includes the capability to discover all VRF instances in a network (Cisco Nexus 7000/9000 series).
- Scan Scheduler – Automated, scheduled scans are now available with one-time, daily, weekly, or monthly options.
- Plugin Framework for Technology Partner Ecosystem – IPsonar contains a framework for embedding plugins with third-party solutions, such as Qualys and Tripwire, to facilitate integration. This allows customers to feed the IPsonar authoritative network intelligence directly into third-party integrated applications. Plugins will be available on the Lumeta Support site for download.
- Port Discovery Enhancements – One of the most common reasons that organizations fail a PCI compliance audit is the inability to report on and secure open ports. IPsonar’s enhancements to the Service Discovery security anomaly algorithm, improves scanning and reporting across all ports, to help address these audit compliance issues.
- Device Profiling Improvements –Common Internet File System (CIFS) protocol is now supported to improve IPsonar’s device profiling capabilities. The device profiles library, which houses profiles and patterns used to identify new devices and operating systems, has also been updated.
- Hyper-V Deployment – IPsonar is available in several deployment options, now including Microsoft Hyper-V virtual options.
For more information about Lumeta IPsonar, please visit: http://www.lumeta.com/product/ipsonar.html
About Lumeta Corporation
Lumeta’s network situational awareness platform is the authoritative source for enterprise network infrastructure and cybersecurity analytics. Available for both real-time monitoring and point-in-time auditing, Lumeta recursively indexes a network to identify and map every IP connected device, as well as uncover inbound and outbound leak paths. The foundational intelligence provided by Lumeta gives IT management a clear, comprehensive assessment of network vulnerabilities, cyber threat risks and policy violations from network edge to core, allowing for decision making impacting security, compliance and availability. Lumeta’s solution addresses today’s security initiatives associated with BYOD, Mobility, Cloud, Outsourcing, SDN, Access Control and Big Data which increase the complexity of a network and compromise traditional security defenses. It also delivers an efficient and cost-effective process to streamline network consolidation (M&A) projects. Lumeta optimizes other network and security product investments by feeding them accurate and fact-based network intelligence. Headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, Lumeta has operations throughout the world. More information is available at www.lumeta.com
# # #
Lumeta, the Lumeta logo, IPsonar and the IPsonar logo are trademarks and service marks of the Lumeta Corporation. Other product and company names appearing in this document may be trademarks of their respective owners.