Lumeta Launches ESI 2.2 – New Features, Enhanced User ExperienceJune 1, 2015 9:00 am
Lumeta Launches ESI 2.2 – New Features, Enhanced User Experience
Includes Layer 2 indexing, BGP support, improved device profiling and reporting enhancements
Somerset, NJ – June 1, 2015 – Lumeta Corporation, the leader in network situational awareness, today announced the release of Lumeta Enterprise Situational Intelligence (ESI) 2.2, which includes new and enhanced features such as Layer 2 indexing, BGP support, device profiling improvements, as well as user-defined attributes and reporting.
The best run enterprise networks, even those with an established vulnerability management program, typically exhibit a 20% gap in network understanding and visibility. As a result there exists unknown address space in use, unmanaged assets/devices, potential leak paths that can be used for data exfiltration, and myriad other network anomalies and vulnerabilities. In order for a Security Operations Center to effectively respond to cyber threats, it needs to be working from a holistic view of the network. Lumeta ESI identifies the unknown – gaining comprehensive network intelligence on every connection, device and leak path across the enterprise –and closes the network visibility gap.
“Lumeta ESI provides real-time network situational awareness – including awareness of an organization’s presence in private, public, and hybrid clouds – which enhances the continuous cyber security and protective monitoring programs advocated by industry initiatives,” said Joe Sorial, vice president of product for Lumeta. “Version 2.2 includes a variety of new features and enhancements that reflect our ongoing commitment to enrich the user experience to effectively and continuously monitor critical networks.”
New in ESI 2.2:
- Layer 2 – Enables ESI to gather spanning-tree, VLAN, and port address information. Network topology maps highlight Layer 2 device details and supports contextual navigation from Layer 3 to Layer 2 topology.
- BGP Listening – Using Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) listening, ESI 2.2 reports on BGP traffic, in much the same way it listens to and reports on OSPF traffic, yielding more comprehensive indexing results.
- User-defined Device Profiles – Users can now supply custom device profiles, enabling ESI to provide device attributes that go beyond what’s openly available – making an organization’s equipment easier to identify in maps and reports.
- User-defined Attributes/Labeling – Add labels and values to particular IP addresses and CIDR blocks to provide additional context in maps and reports.
- User-defined Reports – Define and produce reports to uniquely filter and display data that’s important to a specific organization.
- New Reports – New and expanded reports provide additional ways to visualize and analyze network data.
Pricing and Availability
Lumeta ESI 2.2 will become generally available (GA) by the end of June 2015. It is sold as an annual subscription – hosted in either the client’s VMware infrastructure or in the Lumeta Cloud – starting at USD $7,200 per year (including Standard Maintenance & Support).
To learn more about Lumeta ESI, please visit: http://www.lumeta.com/products/ipsonar/
About Lumeta Corporation
Lumeta’s network situational awareness platform is the authoritative source for enterprise network infrastructure and cybersecurity analytics. Available for both real-time monitoring and point-in-time auditing, Lumeta recursively indexes a network to identify and map every IP connected device, as well as uncover inbound and outbound leak paths. The foundational intelligence provided by Lumeta gives IT management a clear, comprehensive assessment of network vulnerabilities, cyber threat risks and policy violations from network edge to core, allowing for decision making impacting security, compliance and availability. Lumeta’s solution addresses today’s security initiatives associated with continuous monitoring, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, virtualized infrastructure including private and public cloud visibility, outsourcing and offshoring, software defined networks (SDN) and big data which increase the complexity of a network and compromise traditional security defenses. It also delivers an efficient and cost-effective process to streamline network consolidation (M&A) projects. Lumeta optimizes other network and security product investments by feeding them accurate and fact-based network intelligence. Headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, Lumeta has operations throughout the world. More information is available at www.lumeta.com
Follow Lumeta Corporation
# # #
Lumeta and IPsonar are trademarks of the Lumeta Corporation. Other product and company names appearing in this document may be trademarks of their respective owners.