Lumeta to Present Webinar on Internet of Things SecurityJuly 12, 2017 11:39 am
Webinar to examine IoT vulnerabilities in the enterprise and offer best practices for protecting your organization’s critical infrastructure
SOMERSET, NJ (PRWEB) JULY 12, 2017
Lumeta Corporation, the authority on providing cyber situational awareness for rapid security response, today announced details of its upcoming webinar, “Don’t Leave a Black Hole in Your IoT Security,” taking place on Thursday, July 20th at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Presented by Lumeta’s Research Team, this webinar will take an informative look at Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and share insight into protecting your organization’s network in today’s IoT environment.
- Sanjay Raja, Chief Marketing Officer, Lumeta Corp.
- Joe Sorial, Vice President of Products, Lumeta Corp.
WHAT: “Don’t Leave a Black Hole in Your IoT Security”
An organization’s reputation largely depends on its ability to keep data secure in today’s increasingly connected digital landscape. In fact, 94 percent of risk management professionals said a security incident related to unsecured IoT devices or applications could be catastrophic, according to a recent survey by the Ponemon Institute and the Shared Assessments Program. Despite this, only 44 percent of respondents reported being capable of protecting their systems from risky IoT devices.
Businesses eager to advance their IT capabilities by connecting to the IoT often overlook the security implications that come with expanding the number of attack surfaces.
A secure critical infrastructure requires the ability to identify all cybersecurity vulnerabilities within your organization’s digital ecosystem, including any third-party with access to your network – at any given moment.
This webinar will examine common attack vectors used to exploit vulnerabilities related to the IoT, and explore how operationalized threat intelligence enables complete cyber situational awareness needed for IoT security.
Key topics covered in the webinar will include:
- Securing IoT across IT/OT networks and how the convergence of these networks makes your organization more susceptible to cyberattacks
- An overview of the IoT devices/hosts threat landscape
- Best practices for mitigating cyber risks, including recent spear phishing campaign GRIZZLY STEPPE targeting critical infrastructures within specific industries, including Industrial Control Systems (ICS), energy, healthcare and transportation
- The human element of IoT security, featuring tips for protecting your organization from common security mistakes made by employees
- Real-time cyber situational awareness of IoT devices across multiple platforms, operating systems (OS) and technologies
- IoT transformation predictions. What we can expect network infrastructure to look like in 2020 with 8.4 billion connected things predicted to be in use worldwide, and how to start preparing your organization for an IoT-driven world.
WHEN: Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. EDT/11:00 a.m. PDT.
WHERE: Visit: http://go.lumeta.com/l/33802/2017-06-19/7w4yyv to register for the free webinar.
Lumeta delivers real-time cyber situational awareness that quickly and effectively identifies and remediates threats before a breach impacts an organization. Lumeta’s cyber situational awareness platform, ESI, reduces the risk to companies by streamlining network response and change, and adding security intelligence to dynamic network elements, endpoints, virtual machines, cloud-based infrastructure, policies and segmentation changes. Lumeta complements and optimizes existing network and security product investments by feeding them accurate, comprehensive network intelligence. Headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, Lumeta has operations and clients throughout the world. Visit us at http://www.Lumeta.com or follow us on Twitter at @Lumeta.